Blythweb - Local Interest Websites
Blythweb supports a wide range of local interest and community websites. Here we have an alphabetical listing of some of the more curious, unusual or specialist sites for you to explore.
Also, don't forget to check out our Featured Reports which are a wide ranging selection of in-depth local interest stories and reference points.
- Blythweb Calendar – A guide to local events and activities in the Blyth Valley.
- Beccles Townlands Charity – Founded in 1544, Beccles Townlands Charity has been a continuous presence in the town since that date. It exists purely for the good of the people of Beccles.
- East Anglian Academy – The East Anglian Academy promotes concerts and workshops encouraging interest in organs and other keyboard instruments of historic and musical note.
- George Borrow Trust – The Trust aims to advance public knowledge of the life and works of the 18th Century author, George Borrow. The website is dedicated to publishing material related to George Borrow.
- Halesworth Cycle Routes Situated in North-East Suffolk and surrounded by quiet country lanes and beautiful countryside, Halesworth is a great location for exploring this part of Suffolk by bike.
- Halesworth Millennium Green All about the largest Millennium Green in England, from a calendar of activities and events to local history, geology and the wildlife found on the Green.
- Southwold Model Yacht Regattas – A fascinating knowledge base for the time-honoured Southwold tradition of sailing model yachts. Please note those wanting to turn up and hire a boat should arrive half an hour before the scheduled start of the regatta.
- Southwold Railway Trust Committed to restoring the historic narrow gauge railway link between Halesworth and Southwold; preserving it for future generations to enjoy.
- St James Village Orchard – A meticulous detailing of a mixed orchard set and grown in the Suffolk village of St James.
- Wenhaston Archive – A rich collection of historic memories, details and documents of the village of Wenhaston and the surrounding Blyth Valley.
Some Favourite Websites For June 2020:
CICO Chimney and Fireplace Services – Taking pride in providing a perfect chimney lining and fire prevention service
As one of the largest networks of chimney lining installers in the UK, CICO chimneys offer advice and solutions to individuals and trade. Since the early 1980's CICO chimney linings have continually developed a service and product that have been approved and recognised by many professionals as well as the general public.
Golden Light Essences – A Gift of Transformation
Golden Light Essences comprise a range of flower and vibrational essences. These flower essences have been created to help us to understand and transform the negative beliefs we have about ourselves, and our world.
Andy Seedhouse Boats – Andy Seedhouse Boats, Woodbridge - Boat Sales
A friendly and professional family-run business with an old-fashioned approach to customer service, located on the picturesque waterfront at Woodbridge on the River Deben. From dinghies and day boats to fishing boats and yachts, and even including liveaboard boats too, Andy brings his many years of experience in helping his customers buy and sell. Also chandlery, trailers, etc.
PJN Motor Engineering – Very high quality local sevice
PJN Motor Engineering has been established in Wenhaston for many years and is based on providing a very high quality repair and maintenance service for all car and motorcycle types. Check them out if you need a quick fix or a full overhaul!
Stoneware Birds – Life-sized handmade and unique British birds, now available to buy online.
A charming unique gift or a treat for oneself. See the website to know how each one is made. Now available to buy online. Each bird is an individual creation, varying in choice from the perky wren to the plump bullfinch together with other well-loved British birds. Which will you choose?