Blythweb - Featured Blythweb Reports
Over the years Blythweb has displayed a whole range of featured reports, from village signs in the Blyth Valley to Local historical Oddities and even reports about a few of the people of the Blyth Valley.
Below is a listing of all of our Reports.
- Wenhaston Millennium Map – This map was made by the people of Wenhaston and Mells to mark the second Millennium, to show their appreciation of the local environment, and to promote interest, concern and care for its well being. The pupils of Wenhaston School made the wildlife decorative border of the map.
- The Blythburgh Angel – A report about the design and history of The Blythburgh Angel, The village sign created to mark the Millennium.
- Local Poet Richard Maslen – A short introduction to the local Poet Richard Maslen, as well as a sample of his poems inspired by the Blyth Valley.
- The Bulcamp Oddity – Our short piece about an unusual architectural feature close to the A12 at Henham.
- Town and Village Signs – Pictures and information of the often beautiful and detailed town and village signs in and around the Blyth Valley area.
- The Electric Picture Palace Opening – Our report on the opening of the Electric Picture Palace on the 18th May 2002 with special guest Michael Palin
- Wangford Village Tour – The tour was conceived in 2004 and this was conducted by local resident Peter Muttitt. Here we have re-published this tour guide and included Peter´s additional points.
- Halesworth Airfield War Memorials – A fascinating link to the three war memorials just outside the Halesworth Airfield Museum, for the American servicemen who served there in the Second World War.
- Wenhaston's Millennium Sundial – An informed write up about the Millennium sundial affixed to the wall of Wenhaston Village Hall, as well as a guide to how to work out the time from the shadow on the dial.
- All About The Wenhaston Doom – A detailed exploration and guide to the nationally recognised and important Wenhaston Doom, a large 500+ year old panel painting rediscovered only 120 years ago.
- A Short History Of Blythburgh – A short history of the distinctive but quiet village of Blythburgh - famed for its large church in the marshes - written by Alan Mackley
- Local History Notes – Here the Blythburgh History Society have written 30 comprehensive articles on various different aspects of local history.
- Wenhaston St. Peter's Churchyard and Memorial Graveyard – Members of the Wenhaston WI, their friends and families, have examined and recorded all the memorials in St. Peter's Churchyard and nighbouring Memorial Graveyard in Wenhaston. Many of these were very worn or hidden in bushes, and so very hard to read.
Some Favourite Websites For June 2021:
Hare Lodge Bed and Breakfast – An expansive but affordable pet friendly Bed and Breakfast
Offering four bed and breakfast rooms (two ground floor rooms with ensuite bathrooms, both with king size beds). Two rooms have the added luxury of their own lounge and kitchen with two bedrooms upstairs with views of the gardens. A fresh, delicious and locally sourced breakfast awaits you.
The Halesworth Pet Store – Specialists in Animal Nutrition and Pet Care
Visit our shop or take advantage of our Free Local Delivery Service! We are experts in animal nutrition, catering for all quantities – from small bags to bulk deliveries amd we are happy to help with all of your requirements
Alan Ross Removals – Alan Ross Removals
A long-established Suffolk-based company with a wealth of experience and offering competitive pricing for removals, haulage and storage. Residential and commercial relocation services offered.
St James Village Orchard – A beautifully well kept natural space cared for and maintained by the community
At the western edge of the small Suffolk village of St James South Elmham is a triangular shaped field of about one acre, bounded on two sides by Metfield Road and Common Road and known as the Greshaw Green Enclosure. The St James Village Orchard Project has transformed the enclosure into a flourishing community orchard.
Jennie Jones – Southwold's own specialist Estate Agents for buying, selling or renting
Jennie Jones is one of the areas leading independent estate agents with offices in Southwold. They are a progressive independent firm who work closely with their clients to provide the highest standards of personal and professional service.